SALT OV THE EARTH

SALT OV THE EARTH
The Rev

Monday, April 4, 2011

I Got Different Goals Than You Do. Believe It.

The AmeriCan't dream is universally accepted to be a house, a yard, a stupid fence, and ugly fucking kids.  I realize that isn't universal but to those in my age bracket (35-45) it seems to be the industry standard. Recently at age 38 I relocated to a mountainous region of North Carolina and in doing so I gave away all my earthly possessions (sans my record collection) in an effort to minimize my life and fit all my stuff into my ford e250 work van, my plans were fast and loose,  I just felt a time for change was upon me. I had lived in Norfolk VA for over 18 years and felt stagnant. I never want that feeling again. Dying for the sake of dying. Withering on the vine.  I had no roots in the region and felt that my destiny lay elsewhere. I live a charmed life and had no doubts something would shake out my way. Because, on the surface of most levels, I may appear to be a "loser", at my core I know that I  win. Daily.
When I make love and I make music, making money is of little or no concern.  If I do both well enough, the necessities will be met. In summary. I'm 39. I own a 13 year old volvo and rent a hovel that merely keeps the rain off of my shanks and I have never been happier or more alive. Turn off, throw away and drop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment