SALT OV THE EARTH

SALT OV THE EARTH
The Rev

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We're Coming To Your Town, So Get Yo Panties Down

So the warm up shows are done, with varying degrees of success. Overall a job...done. Raliegh was tight, Asheville strong too, shit got a little loose in Wilmington, but nothing tragic and nothing that won't be tighter tonight in Charlotte as we jump onto 8 shows with Kylesa. We recognize the opportunity and plan to seize it with both hands. We recognize that their fans aren't generally our fans but hope to turn a few heads and sell a little merch. I have high but realistic hopes. Will the arthouse (I don't wanna use the word hipster) crowd be sold on our brand of traditional metal/occult doom? Eh....time will tell. I have faith that the power of this style and this bands songs can win even the most jaded of bookbag wearing adults. Sorry I've been blog lazy but normally I rant about this or that, general irritants (Dane Cook, bad head, etc...) but this last month has found me stepping and fetching like a son of a bitch and having a good goddamn time. I travel most weekends to Central NC and kick it with my new fiancee (what, what??) And her kids. That segment of life has been dope as fuck and I couldn't ask for more. Than I arise early monday and haul ass back home for a week of daytime band practice. The loop has been relentless, and with the exception of a couple of episodes of squidbillies, it has been nonstop. We will be home on june 5, but gotta get busy writing a new tune because we are in the studio in late june doing a 7" I believe and directly after that about 3 weeks with Sour Vein. Hello financial ruin, fancy meeting here again. I will stay on top of this as america rolls beneath our wheels. Big ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment